Guilty Pleasure


For the second assignment of Martin Draax, we had to create an artwork around the subject called 'Guilty Pleasure'. This mean you have to use something in your work which you like/enjoy but which you don't want others to know because of for example: It's really embaressing.

In my case it wasn't that difficult. At my High School I regularly played 'The Sims'. I really could play this game for hours. But as you already might think, The Sims is not really a cool game to be playing as a boy. This was the reason I never talked about it.

After you found your 'Guilty Pleasure' you had to combine it with something else. (Associations)
This was also not too hard for me, since all of my friends played 'Call Of Duty' a lot. It seemed really cool to combine these two totally different games into one artwork.

The guilty pleasure is supposed to be really subtle. But in my case, if you know 'The Sims' series, then you'd instantly recognize the 'mood crystal' floating above my head. In the game, a green crystal means you're in a good mood, but when you have a red crystal, then you are in a really bad mood. This idea blends really well with the 'Call Of Duty' setting I had in mind.

But besides this I also made another really subtle hint which explains my mood and which relates back to 'The Sims'. In the back there's my house which has been attacked and is currently being burned to the ground. Because in 'The Sims' you'd also have to build your own house in order to live.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog