ACD 2th Semester Introduction Camp

This week I had a short introduction camp for my second semester in which I'm finally placed at ACD(Crossmedia Design). This camp took place in Buurse about 45 minutes cycling south of Enschede.

Although this camp lasted only 3 days, it was a real eye opener! To start I have met and spoken to Bas Könning, one of the tutors from which I will receive lessons in the second year.

On the first day he began with giving a really fascinating lecture about 'Participative Design'. To keep it short, he's going to teach us how to properly interact with our audience, this is all about a two way communication.

After this we received our assignment. We were split in groups and had to create a real life game. This could be an existing/new and/or modified game. On the first day we had to create a concept, on the second day we had to get materials and create the actual game and on friday we had to play all the games that were created.

Together with Romé, Alicia and Denisé we created 'Memory Mania'. Because there were also many German students we thought it was a good idea to make a Dutch/German memory game to better everyone's Dutch and German language skills.

One has to find as many sets of cards within 30 minutes. Every set exists of three cards, one with a Dutch word on it, one with a German word on it and one with an illustration of the word/object.

Unfortunately I totally forgot to make some nice photo's. So these will be posted later as I currently don't have the game in my possession.

Besides this game we also had a homework assignment of which I spoke in my previous post. The photo's of this assignment together with some various photo's from camp can be seen underneath here:












This box is an attempt to capture my life as it looks now at this very moment. As I'm very hard at work on making myself known as a freelance media designer. Besides this I'm really addicted to music, Hardstyle in particular. When listening to this music I really forget all the problems in my live and it allows me to just relax and enjoy life. But one of the best well known Hardstyle festivals is DefQon One, this is why I also included a poster of that festival in my box.

Unfortunately you don't hear it but the black box in the back hidden from the view is a bluetooth speaker on which I played Natural Born Raver from the Italian Hardstyle group: Wild Motherfuckers (Tatanka & Zatox). And last but not least the weight relates to me, since I have started doing sports and fitness again to stay in shape since I work a lot behind the drawing table and behind a computer. 

Before I showed this I also talked about a very important but personal matter that made me who I am today. The loss of my older brother due to cancer. Although live goes on and one has to accept it, it will always stay with you. And I have to say that I was really hesitating whether I should mention this in my presentation as it's really hard for me to talk about it since I am quite a shy guy who finds it really hard to talk about personal stuff and about his feelings.

Although I was really standing there with sweating and shaking hands I felt really relieved to have mentioned it, as the assignment was to give a presentation about yourself. And this experience has defintely scarred me in a certain way and made me who I am. Just a regular guy who learned to appreciate all small things in life since life is too precious too waste. That's why I always try my best to get the most out of my life.

But after my presentation I was really touched by a classmate. Because there was one presentation that really touched me. He/She gave a presentation about him/herself in which he/she also completely exposed him/herself and who he/she is and what he/she stands for. And it turns out that we both have had experienced the same things. But although he/she mentioned he/she has nothing of value to say, he/she gave the best presentation of all in my opinion. So I didn't have to hessitate for moment before casting my vote.

But enough about all the sad things. This introduction has also had many great moments and memories which will last forever. But I will stop typing here as this post is growing way to big and will get too boring, in case someone actually takes the time to read all this. If you did, thank you for your time to read my experience.

But underneath here are some various pictures and a movie that I and a classmate of mine have made:

































Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog